Why Is It A Good Idea To Verify Your Business Page On Facebook?
The blue verification badge is a well-known sight for most Facebook users: It marks the Facebook pages that are the verified and authentic pages of public figures.
Similarly, it is possible to get a verification badge for your local business page on Facebook as well. The only difference is that this badge will be gray instead of blue. Now, you might wonder why this verification badge is necessary at all.
Well, just like the blue verification badge on Facebook celebrity pages, having a verification badge on your local business page will also give you a number of benefits on Facebook:
1) The gray badge adds a layer of authenticity to your business (just like the blue badge does for celebrity pages and public and global brands). Hence, customers are more likely to trust your page as being legitimate, and thereby be more confident in the fact that your posts and offers (and location) are valid.
2) The gray badge will help your Facebook business page appear (i.e., rank) higher in relevant search results.
3) Customers looking to engage with your business on Facebook will know they’ve come to the right place when they see the gray verification badge.
4) Clients and potential customers/fans will know all page updates are legitimate to the local business.
5) Imposter pages can be easily identified by your customers by the lack of gray verification badge.
Hence, if your local business page isn’t verified on Facebook yet, doing so should be high on your to-do list. The best part is that all you need is a phone number or official document that you can enter and upload in order to verify your page as the legitimate page for your business on Facebook.
[Note, however, that this feature for business page verification is not yet available on a global scale.]